kk Star Ratings is a WordPress Plugin that allows blog visitors to involve and interact more effectively with your website by rating posts.
Select where to show the ratings. It can be on homepage, archives, posts, pages or manually.
A visual button in your editor to easily display the ratings manually in your posts/pages. No more typing a shortcode.
Ratings column in your admin posts/pages screen so you can view the statistics at comfort.
Attach tooltips when mouse is hovered while rating with colors.
Choose placement. Top left, top right, bottom left or bottom right.
Change amount of stars anytime you want. Reset ratings for individual posts or the entire site.
Choose your own custom images.
Restrict votings per unique ip.
Adjust frequent messages and strings.
2.4 – 04 June, 2013
- Fix: Upper and Lower boundary limits for rating. Oops, had not noticed this before.
- Fix: Fuelspeed. Strange! no one ever complained about it.
- Update: Two fixed decimal points for average and percentage instead of one.
- Update: Icon star color from grey to yellow.
- Add: Efficient fetching of ratings. No matter how many ratings you may have on a page, they will all be fetched in a single go
- Add: Rating column can now be sorted in the admin screen.
2.3.1 – 02 June, 2013
- Update: Framework updated for no conflict mode with other kk plugins.
2.3 – 25 February, 2013
- Add: Ability to exclude specific category(s).
2.2.1 – 09 February, 2013
- Update: Restricted admin scripts to render in its own page scope.
2.2 – 13 December, 2012
- Fix: jquery ui causing problems in wordpress 3.5. It is removed because no longer required.
- Update: Shortcode can contain optional ‘id’ argument to display ratings for a specific post intentionally. e.g. [kkstarratings id="192"].
2.1 – 24 November, 2012
- Fix: Google rich snippets is now stable and safe to use.
- Fix: Grammars in admin settings.
- Update: Control whether to allow users to rate in archives or not.
- Update: Reordered directory tree structure.
- Add: Useful hooks and filters for advanced developers.
2.0 – 28 September, 2012
- Update: Re-coded the plugin from the ground up, adding rich settings page and more features.
- Update: Transparent stars and availability of custom stars as per needs.
- Update: Ajax based settings page. No refreshes what so ever.
- Update: Seperate settings tab.
- Update: Visual flushing of ratings. No need to remember post ids.
- Update: [s] added as a variable for use in the legend (description). Will display the s only if there are 0 or more than 1 ratings.
- Add: kk Star Ratings now supports Google Rich Snippets. So the ratings will now be indexed in google search.
- Add: Visual shortcode button. No need to type in a shortcode manually in your posts/pages when in manual mode.
- Add: User specific amount of stars. Forget the fixed 5 stars.
- Add: Choose your own images instead of the default ones.
- Add: Tooltips. Now you can set tooltips for each star when mouse is hovered on each. You can also set colors.
- Add: Adjustment of fueling speed of stars when being loaded or refilling.
- Add: Set error message if anything goes unexpectidly.
- Add: Set thank you message.
1.7.2 – 19 June, 2012
- Fix: This is a fix for the previous version (1.7.1). The plugin was not tagged with the latest files.
1.7.1 – 18 June, 2012
- Security Fix: Fixed a security issue in the ajax request for the file inclusion risk. This is a recommended update for all users.
1.7 – 09 May, 2012
- Updat: The top rated posts now considers the vote count as well. This is a recommended update for all users.
1.6 – 22 January, 2012
- Add: Now you can see a column in the admin screen of posts and pages stating the ratings of each.
1.5 – 20 January, 2012
- Fix: Some users complained about a fault: “An error occured” being displayed when someone rates a post. This was due to the charset of the returned response via ajax (Mentioned by jamk). Has been fixed as the ajax response is now retrieved as an xml dom instead of plain text.
- Fix: Regardless of unique voting set or not, a user could click on a star multiple times simultaneously and the post would be rated that much time. Has been fixed.
- Add: Filter by category in the widget as well as the custom template tag/function.
1.4.1 – 2 November, 2011
- Fix: Fixed the issue of saving the settings. Was an issue in v1.4.
1.4 – 28 October, 2011
- Updat: Retrieve top rated posts in your template/theme so developers can have more power over it.
- Fix: Flushing/removing ratings for widget now included. Thanks to feedback by Glyn.
- Update: This includes a widget to show top rated posts
- Update: Added ability to manually show ratings in template files.
- Fix: [avg] error which did not show the average ratings. Now it works